- Bright Futures school leads the way on the road to recovery
- Essential cleaning products to help businesses open safely and stay open
- Essential cleaning considerations to help businesses open safely
- Supporting local charities by donating much needed disinfectant
- Robert Scott remains open
Coronavirus (COVID-19): latest information and advice
Wednesday, February 26, 2020
As of Wednesday 26 February, a total of 7,132 people have been tested in the UK, of which 7,119 were confirmed negative and 13 positive.
And, based on the World Health Organisation’s declaration that this is a public health emergency of international concern, the UK Chief Medical Officers have raised the risk to the UK from low to moderate.
For the latest information updated at 2pm each day by the Department of Health and Social Care please visit https://www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public.
If families, children or staff have returned from these specific areas since February 19, they should call NHS111, stay indoors and avoid contact with other people, even if they do not have symptoms:
- Specific lockdown areas in Northern Italy designated by the Government of Italy (as above).
- Special care zones in South Korea as designated by the Government of the Republic of South Korea.
- Hubei province (returned in the past 14 days)
There is currently no vaccine to prevent the virus. The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to the virus. There are general principles to follow to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including the principles of ‘Catch it, Bin it, Kill it’.
It goes without saying but the main advice is to avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands, avoid close contact with people who are unwell, and clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Washing your hands often - with soap and water, or use alcohol sanitiser if handwashing facilities are not available.
- People who feel unwell should stay at home and should not attend work or any education or childcare setting.
A reminder about our disinfecting and disposable cleaning products
We supply two disinfecting systems that are designed for sanitising hands with Kleengel and workplaces with Toucan Eco.
Kleengel is a colourless and perfume-free hypoallergenic and moisturising alcohol-based hand gel which kills 99.999% of germs. It is ideal for disinfecting hands without the need for water in any hygiene sensitive environments, including hospitals and clinics, washrooms, entrance areas, kitchens, restaurants, offices, gyms and other public spaces.
Toucan Eco lets you make your own multipurpose disinfectant cleaner from just water, salt and electricity that kills 99.999% of microorganisms. It’s eco-friendly, effective and safe, and replaces most chemical cleaners and the single use plastic bottles they are supplied in.
Our disposable range includes the innovative Pro-mist mop with the Mi-mop disposable microfibre flat mop, Big White T1D socket mop, Mi-cloth disposable microfibre cloths and All-purpose wipes.
Another product you might not be aware of is the Nano-Ag microfibre cloth that features a silver antibacterial agent which kills 99.99% of bacteria, including MRSA, E. coli and Listeria on the cloth preventing bacterial growth and bad odours.