We are looking to recruit a buyer for the procurement of factored goods in the B2B market.
The successful candidate will be based at our head office in Greenfield, Oldham, working within a well-established purchasing team.
Role and responsibilities:
- Negotiate with suppliers to agree prices, quantities and delivery schedules.
- Monitor stock levels, ensure all purchase orders are placed and delivered in a timely manner.
- Identify potential bottlenecks/shortages, taking appropriate action to minimise impact on service and reputation.
- Build robust relationships with key suppliers, at all levels.
- Ensure suppliers maintain/exceed the standards we set.
- Work with the sales team to understand customer requirements and future demand.
- Ensure products are and remain fit for purpose by working with QC to maintain and enhance product quality.
- Together with NPD, identify new product opportunities.
- Working knowledge of supply chain activity.
- Experience of working with UK, EU and Asian suppliers.
- Good communication and written skills.
- Commercially astute.
- Proficient in excel.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Experience of using an integrated ERP System.
- Knowledge of sourcing electrical products would be an advantage but not essential.
In exchange, we are offering a competitive salary and 31 days leave including bank holidays.
If you feel you are the right candidate, please send your CV with covering letter and quoting reference BUY.01/22 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further enquiries please contact Jason Curson, Head of Procurement on 01457 819400.
Closing date 14/02/2022.